Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Recently I have been asked to speak at a national transportation function. The first thing that crosses my mind is “what do I have to share, and who has time to share “expertise” when everyone is clearly focused on sales, profits, and basically survival. After thinking about it, that becomes my very industry topic; “Translating ‘on board’ information and technology into profit.”

Of course, this subject can have many interpretations and naysayers. Every one of my clients has an aversion to technology; forget that… they have an overall aversion to change!

So here I am in the middle of a recession, asked to speak about a topic near and dear to my heart… with no time to do it. I must say, the process has helped me collaborate and align with key industry partners to deliver a valuable message.

As I hammer through the presentation I will post my thoughts for your valuable comments.

Something to think about...

Q. How do you view your assets (trucks/trailers/employees/etc)?
Examples…
“Necessary evils”
“Vital to running the company”
“Costly to maintain and manage”
“Money makers”
… Your mindset is important to understanding the difference between profit and cost management.

2 comments:

scarlet reynolds said...

Technological advances have made Vehicle tracking devices very compact and easy to install on your own. They enable you to maneuver different routes and help you in tracing your destination if you get lost in the wilderness.

gps tracker said...

Hi,

Thanks for the post, This was exactly what I needed to see.Good list, keep up the good work


gps tracker


Contributors